Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Lace Rib Panel


Rosalynde
'As You Like It' William Shakespeare
Sonetto
Of all chaste birds  the Phoenix doth excell,
Of all strong beast the lion bears the bell,
Of all sweet flowers the rose doth sweetest smell,
Of all fair maids my Rosalynde is fairest.

Of all pure metals gold is only purest,
Of all high trees the pine hath highest crest,
Of all soft sweets I like my mistress' breast,
Of all chaste thoughts my mistress' thoughts are rarest.

Of all proud birds the eagle pleaseth Hove,
Of pretty fowls kind Venus likes the dove,
Of trees Minerva doth the olive love,
Of all sweet nymphs I honour Rosalynde.

Of all her gifts her wisdom pleaseth most,
Of all her graces virtue she doth boast:
For all thse gifts my life and joy is lost,
If Rosalynde prove cruel and unkind.

No comments:

Post a Comment